Outlook is surely a better application for mailing purpose but it is quite prone to corruption. Some times it could encounter really harassing errors which can make you to lose all your saved data. Error 0x80042109 is also such an irritating and destructive error in Outlook. Due to this error initially you will receive incoming mails but unable to send mails to others. Whenever you try to send any new mail you will get an error message “error (0x80042109) : Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server”. Lately if it not get resolved then your PST files may get corrupted and you can lose your data for ever.
Error 0x80042109 will further make more problems like closing your Outlook application automatically, prohibit you from accessing saved PST files, won’t allow you to view or delete any mail. In simple words error 0x80042109 will completely destroy your Outlook application and finally make you to repent on your lost data. Some of the most common reason that lead this harassing error in your Outlook are
- Improper connection with Microsoft Exchange server.
- Due to Oversize PST files.
- Improperly installed MS Outlook application.
- Incorrect and indecent profile settings.
- Corrupt Outlook PST files.
- Any Virus or Malware infection.
These are the most common reasons that can create the issue of error 0x80042109 in your Outlook. But you don’t need to worry because there is an inbuilt tool in your system namely scanpst.exe which can handle this situation.
Use Scanpst.exe for Error 0x80042109
As it is mentioned above that scanpst.exe is an inbuilt utility in your system which can fight against this error, so you can use it to fix pst error 0x80042109 in Outlook. It is a totally free application and get installed in your PC at the time of Outlook installation. It is also known with the name of Inbox Repair tool and has an icon of broken file. The main problem is that, its location varies with respect to the Outlook and Windows version.
Some most common location of scanpst.exe
Although its destination varries but here are the some most common destination traces of scanpst.exe where you can easily locate this tool to fix error 0x80042109
Outlook 2003 :-
32-bit Windows C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
64-bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
Outlook 2007 :-
32-bit Windows C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
64-bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Outlook 2010 :-
32-bit Windows C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
64-bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
64-bit Outlook C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
Outlook 2013 :-
32-bit Windows C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
64-bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
64-bit Outlook C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
Guide To Use Scanpst.exe
Follow below instruction to use Inbox Repair Tool to fix error 0x80042109 in Outlook and regain the access of all your PST files. First choose the above location compatible with your Windows and Outlook version and locate yellow broken file icon of scanpst.exe then
- Double click that yellow icon to launch scanpst.exe
- Then select PST files you want to scan.
- Use the “Repair” button to recover your corrupt Outlook PST files.
- Finally save your repaired files and exit the application.
What If Scanpst.exe Fails
It may be possible that scanpst.exe/Inbox Repair Tool fails to repair your PST files. It is primary tool which can fails to work for you easily because it has some limitations. Most commonly it works with little corruption issues but fails to repair any severe Outlook error and show some unexpected error messages.
Some Common Scanpst.exe Errors
- “The procedure entry point DDLUninitinstance”.
- “The file cannot be accessed due to an unforeseen error”.
- “Scanpst.exe Fatal Error 80040818”
- “Outlook.pst could not be found”
- “Outlook.pst could not be opened, receiving reported error 0×80040600 in outlook”.
Limitations Of Scanpst.exe
- Not effective with PST files above 2 GB of size.
- Can only recover header corruption.
- It does not support mail box scanning.
- Can not recover your broken Outlook PST files.
- Unable to recover deleted and password secured files.
- It is a very slow process and takes too much of time.
Best Alternative to Scanpst.exe
Don’t get upset if scanpst.exe fails to resolve error 0x80042109 you can still troubleshoot this error by using a professional PST repair Software. It is the best option for you if you cant make it manually with the help of Inbox Repair Tool.
Use Outlook PST Repair Software To Fix Error 0x80042109
It is a professional third party utility which is highly capable of fixing any type of Outlook error with very ease and it can fix error 0x80042109 in minutes. It recovers all the limitations of scanpst.exe and can easily repair all type of broken and corrupt PST file without any size limitations. It is very fast and reliable tool which can also undelete your PST files and recover password protected data. It is compatible with all versions of Windows OS and MS Outlook application.
Amazing Features Of Outlook PST Repair Software
Easily resolves any Outlook Errors – Its advanced algorithm makes it effective enough to resolve any error including error 0x80042109 in quick time.
Recover Oversize PST files – It can easily recover huge size PST files in very less time and drag out your PST files safely.
Recovers deleted files – This is really amazing feature of this software that it can also undelete lost PST files.
Encrypted PST file recovery – This is the quality that you must like in this software. It can easily recover your password protected or encrypted PST files.
Shows preview – With this feature you don’t need to restore unwanted or useless emails or files. You can preview your files and choose important one to recover.
Freedom about location – This amazing software gives you freedom to restore your files to your desired location.
User Guide : How to use Outlook PST Repair Software
1. After Installing Outlook PST Repair Software, launch its application, select your files then click “Start” button.
2. At any instant if you want to abort the scanning, you can click “Stop” button.
3. In preview Window, you can preview PST files and select to recover.
4. Select any of your desired location and simply click the “Save Repaired File” button.
5. The progress bar is showing that your files are being saved, to stop click “Stop” button.
6. All your PST files have been save to its destination, now you can exit this application.