Outlook is such an advanced and fast way to send and receive messages. It provides many facilities like emails, calendar, contacts, notes, appointments, task, journals etc. It becomes very easy to manage your files, appointments, meetings with the help of MS Outlook. But due to regular and rapid use Outlook files, sometimes you may feel some problems like oversize and damaged PST file or any kind of Outlook error. Error 0x80040119 is also a harassing Outlook error which may prohibit you from using your important PST files.
What Is Error 0x80040119
It is really a very big problem for Outlook users. Usually, you can face the error 0x80040119 when you try to read or send any message. It will make your PST files totally inaccessible. Whenever you try to read or send and mail you will an error message on your screen
“An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040119”
It can affect Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013. If once this error occurs to your Outlook then you can’t be able to even access your saved files. You will not able to send or receive any emails until you can fix all this types outlook error.
Causes of Error 0x80040119
It is not possible to say the exact reason behind Outlook Error 0x80040119 because there are many possibilities that can make your PST files inaccessible and generate this error. Some of the common reasons behind this error are
- Connection problem with a mail server.
- Incorrectly configured Outlook account.
- Corruption of MS Outlook application.
- Due To oversized PST files.
- Due to corrupt or damaged Outlook files.
- Any kind of Virus attack.
After Effects of Error 0x80040119
If this typical error occurs to your Outlook then its a very harassing situation for you. Once this error occurs to your Outlook then you will be unable to view, send, delete or receive any message. It wouldn’t let you access saved files also and every time when you try, your Outlook will throw an error message. Error 0x80040119 could also crash your Outlook application and make you lose all your important files and data.
How To Fix Error 0x80040119: Manual Method
Follow the below instructions to fix error 0x80040119 manually :
Check Outlook Account Settings – First of all, check your account settings. It may be possible that there is some kind of fault in the account settings due to which you are getting this error.
Update Your Anti-virus – It is also possible that your anti-virus is out of date and due to which your PST files got affected by any malware. Update your anti-virus program and scan your PST files.
Delete Junk Mails – Any Spam mail could also be the reason behind this error 0x80040119. So immediately try to delete all junk and suspicious emails.
Remove Add-ins – Infected add-ins could also be a reason behind this irritating error. Remove all add-ins from your Outlook and try to access your PST files.
Restore Your System – You can also restore your computer to any previous time when your Outlook was working fine. It could also fix this error 0x80040119.
Steps To Restore Your Computer:-
- Login your PC as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option then click the “Next” button.
- Select any recent “Restore Point” and click “Next” button.
- Restart your PC after Restoration is completed.
Use scanpst.exe – scanpst.exe is an inbuilt Outlook repair application which is also known as Inbox repair tool. It is a useful tool which can help you to fix this error. It is already installed in your computer and you don’t need to download it. However, its path varies according to the Windows Operating system and Outlook version but it can probably fix error 0x80040119.
Some common location of scanpast.exe
Office 365 – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
32-bit Windows – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office X
64-bit Windows – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office X
64-bit Outlook – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office X
where X = 15 for Outlook 13
14 for Outlook 10
12 for Outlook 7 and previous versions.
How To Use scanpst.exe To Fix Error 0x80040119
- First of all close all running applications.
- Go to scanpst.exe and the double-click the icon.
- Select PST file you want to scan and click on “Start” option.
- Click on “Repair” button once scanning is over.
It may be possible that scanpst.exe could not fix error 0x80040119 and fails to repair your PST files because it has some limitations and it can not repair any severe damage.
Limitations of scanpst.exe/Inbox Repair Tool
- It is not effective with oversized PST files.
- It cannot repair broken Outlook files.
- Capable to repair only header part.
- It can delete unrecognized PST files while repairing them.
- Unable to repair password protected PST files.
- It can also not undelete your PST files.
Unfortunately, if you can’t able to fix error 0x80040119 from all these above-mentioned methods then you will need to use a professional third party software. Outlook PST Repair Software is a professional third-party tool that can help you out.
Use Outlook PST Repair Software To Fix Error 0x80040119
It is a complete solution to all problems and errors related to your Outlook application. It can easily repair your damages, broken, deleted and corrupt PST files. It is an efficient and advanced tool that can recover your Outlook files very quickly. It has no restrictions about size limits and it can also undelete your data. Outlook PST recovery software is an ultimate recovery tool which can easily fix error 0x80040119 and recover all your Outlook files and data.
Some Remarkable Features Of Outlook PST Repair Software
- Can easily fix error 0x80040119 in Outlook.
- Has no size limits and can recover huge files.
- Able to recover broken, corrupted and damaged files.
- Easily recovers password secured PST files.
- Interactive GUI gives user support and instructions.
- Shows the preview of files before recovery.
- Suitable for Windows 8 and all its lower versions.
- Compatible with all Outlook versions including Outlook 2013.
User Guide: How To Use Outlook PST Repair Software
1. Run the application after Installation.
2. Select desired PST files to scan and click “Start”.
3. You can abort scanning process by “Stop” button.
4. Preview your PST files and choose to recover.
5. Click on “Save Repaired File” option after selecting the location.
6. Your files are being saved, click “Stop” to stop saving.
7. Exit the application after the saving is done.