Are you getting 0x80048002 error when you are trying to send or receive mails while using your Outlook account? Are you unable to access your e-mails and other saved data files due to 0x80048002 error? Are you unable to read your important mails? Are you finding a solution to fix this problem? If yes then you are at the exact place where you can easily fix 0x80048002 error of the Outlook PST file as well as repair the corrupt PST file. Here is a complete guide for the Outlook user to fix 0x80048002 error of an Outlook PST file in an easiest and possible way .
About 0x80048002 Error :-
MS Outlook is a multi featured application that is very useful in terms of professional usage. It is not only mean for sending and receiving data but one can organise their tasks, manage their day-to-day routine in the form of notes, appointments, journals amd so on. But it is also true that Outlook users experience worst issues while working on MS Outlook. The corruption issue of an Outlook PST file may struck at anytime. When PST file get corrupted it throw lots of error messages on the screen but one of the most common error that the Outlook users encounters is 0x80048002 error. This particular error generally occurs during the process of sending mails using Outlook account. Once you get 0x80048002 error then you are unable to send and receive mails. Whenever you try to send mail then you will get the following Outlook error code on the screen :
“Task ‘mail.ibb.cc(1) – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x80048002): ‘This task was cancelled before it was completed.”
If you will not check out 0x80048002 error in time then it will crash your application and you may have to lose all your crucial data from it. The error may occur due to various reasons like :
- Corruption in PST file
- Problem in POP3 mail server
- Virus attack
- Hard drive failure
- Problem in Outlook setting
- Network connection issue
- Improper termination of PST file
- Size of the mail is very large
- Incorrect Outlook account settings
To resolve the following error manually then you have to first check your Outlook account settings that whether it is filled correctly or not. Sometimes 0x80048002 error occurs due to some problem in Antivirus application. So to resolve the following error you have to disable your Antivirus application. If you are still not able to solve 0x80048002 error with the help of these procedures then you need to use Scanpst.exe tool. It is an inbuilt tool which is provided by Microsoft in order to solve the corruption related issues of an Outlook PST file. Lets explore about Scanpst.exe tool in details.
About Scanpst.exe Tool :-
The Scanpst.exe is an inbox repair tool which is used to diagnose and identify problematic PST files. The Scanpst.exe tool comes attached with Outlook application and automatically get installed with the installation of MS Outlook. This tool is a good solution for the users to repair corrupt PST files by themselves. The Scanpst.exe tool scans the entire folder, repairs the damaged PST files and restores all the data to a specified location. An Outlook user may find it difficult to locate Scanpst.exe tool because it is hidden somewhere in Outlook appliction. So you first need to locate the following to use it. Once you locate this very tool then you can execute it. And the location of Scanpst.exe is different for every version of Outlook like :
|For Outlook 2007 :-|
|32 – bit Windows :||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12|
|64-bit Windows :||C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12|
|For Outlook 2010 :-|
|32-bit Windows :||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14|
|64-bit Windows :||C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14|
|64-bit Outlook :||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14|
|For Outlook 2013 :-|
|32-bit Windows :||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15|
|64-bit Windows :||C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15|
|64-bit Outlook :||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15|
|Click-to-Run :||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15|
But it has some limited capability and can only repair minimal corruption issues. Due to some limitations the Scanpst.exe tool fails to repair the corrupt PST file and unable to resolve 0x80048002 error completely.
What Are The Limitations Of Scanpst.exe :-
- It fails to repair severely corrupted PST file.
- It is unable to resolve the oversize PST file problems.
- It is unable to repair password protected PST file.
- It fails to recover accidentally or permanently deleted items in MS Outlook.
- It can only repair the header corruption but unable to repair the body part.
When the Scanpst.exe tool get corrupted it throw various error messages on the screen in which some of them are mentioned below.
Common Scanpst.exe Errors That Throw When It Get Corrupted :-
- Scanpst.exe not working
- Scanpst.exe crashes while repairing
- Scanpst.exe missing
- Scanpst.exe unable to locate components
- Scanpst.exe hangs at phase 7 etc
So, the Scanpst.exe is not a trustworthy tool to fix the corruption related issues of an Outlook PST file so the better option is to go for a third party utility to resolve the issue of a PST file. You neet to use Outlook PST Repair Software in order to fix the issues of an Outlook PST file. It effectively repairs damaged Outlook data and make PST file accessible. Let us discuss in briefly about Outlook PST Repair Software.
About Outlook PST Repair Software :-
The Outlook PST Repair Software is designed by a team of highly professional experts to help the users to easily solve the issue of an Outlook PST file. It is capable to repair severely corrupted PST files. It has a very effective and powerful set of features which are applicable on any type of corruption issues. It not only repairs the damaged PST file but also helps to solve the issue of error messages of an Outlook PST file. The main thing of Outlook PST Repair Software is that it is compatible with all the versions of Outlook. It has provided splendid advanced features for the Outlook users.
Advanced Features Provided By Outlook PST Repair Software :-
- Repairs Damaged PST File :- The Software performs PST recovery by scanning the corrupt PST file and restoring all the data to a new PST file. The recovery every single of information like emails, attachments, contacts, calenders and so on.
- Recovers Accidentally Deleted Emails :- This software ensures the recovery of emails that are accidentally deleted from Inbox as well as deleted items folder.
- Repairs Large PST File :- This software has the capability to repair those PST files that are larger than 2 GB. It efficiently repairs the bulky files and restores all the valuable data.
- Recovers Data From Encrypted File :- This software easily repair and recover data from a password protected PST file.
- Allows Saving PST File At Desired Location :- When the software completes the recovery of data then it allows the user to save the new PST file at any location of the computer.
- Saves E-mails In Different Format :- This software recovers the deleted data and saves the data in different format like MSG, EML, RTF, HTML and PDF.
How To Use Outlook PST Repair Software :-
1. Download and install Outlook PST Repair Software in the system
2. Select the PST file you want to repair and click on the “Start”button for the scanning process
3. It will show its scanning process in the progress bar. If you want to stop the scanning process then click on the “Stop” button
4. After the scanning get completed it will show list of recoverable files. You can preview your file here
5. Then click on “Save Repair File” button. Choose the format, then select the desired location and click on OK button
6. Repaired files being saved at its desired location.
7. Exit the application.
So, follow the Steps to use Outlook PST Repair Software and easily resolve 0x80048002 error of Outlook PST file.